Bit the spectrum- Augmented and Virtual Reality Technologies to Boost Literary and Social Emotion Skills in Autism Spectrum Disorder Students.
PROJECT NUMBER: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-VET-000033091
TIMESPAN OF THE PROJECT: 28.02.2022 – 01.03.2024
FINANCING PROGRAM: Erasmus+
ASD is a developmental disability that can cause significant social, communication and behavioural challenges. Different studies on the use AR and VR with children with ASD indicate that these technological tools could facilitate practicing and learning social skills and new things.
BitTheSpectrum, therefore, aims to match the experience and skills of new technology and ASD experts for increasing the quality of the teaching processes as well as the self-esteem and the social life of ASD people.
- To increase the quality of the educational and “caregiving” process of staff working with people with ASD
- To provide innovative and proper tools (AR/VR) to teachers, trainers and other staff members, for reaching the aim 1.
- Increase the quality of the learning process of people with ASD in terms of Literacy and Social Emotion skills
- To increase the quality of the VET inclusive education in the countries involved
- To increase the cooperation among European different entities working in field of inclusive education, and technology development
- 5 Transnational Meetings and 5 Multiplier Events
- Need analysis of professionals dealing with ASD education
- Open online training related to AR and VR features for teachers of ASD students
- Development of methodology to create exercises using AR and VR for students with ASD
- Definition and development of 30 exercises using AR to support ASD students
- Definition and development of 5 exercises using VR to support ASD students
- Study of the impact of the exercises in ASD student
- IO1-Open online training related to AR and VR features;
- IO2- Human Centred Design methodology to create exercises using AR and VR for students with ASD
- IO3- Set of 30 exercises using AR for students with ASD to boost literacy and social emotion skills
- IO4- Set of 5 exercises using VR for students with ASD to boost social emotion skills
- IO5- Study of the impact of the exercises in ASD students (pilot test study)
Via Giovanni di Giovanni,
14 – 90139 Palermo (Italy)
+39 340 352 9333
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein